DataCritics is a Toronto company focusing on reviewing online resources for data analytics. We are on a mission to curate simplified content for users ranging from new to experienced professionals. We launched in January 2018 with six students from Ryerson University’s Data Analytics, Big Data, and Predictive Analytics Certificate Program who recognize the importance of bolstering a data analyst’s skill set through learning new skills from courses and bootcamps.
Our mission is to offer an easy-to-navigate website with a steady flow of rich content from professionals in data analytics.
Our plan is to continue bringing up-and-coming data analysts onto our team to add their perspectives, and to work with Ryerson University in an effort to help our members learn the necessary skills to transition to the workplace.
Our promise is to be a friendy, interactive community whose members share local events and promote valuable resources to help the analytics industry.
Our hope is to grow a great network of learners who are looking towards the future trends in data analytics.
- Hard Work: We set the bar as high as we can reach, and then we reach higher.
- Integrity: We do not make compromises or shortcuts; we are proud of our work and stand behind it.
- Accountability: No one is perfect. If we mess up, we own up and learn from it.
- Empathy: We are not confined to our own point of view. We frequently put ourselves in other people’s shoes and treat everyone with respect.
- Teamwork: We help each other. We know that together we are much greater than the sum of our parts.
- Care: We are a passionate group. We look out for each other and help those in need—internally and in the community.
- Curiosity: We’re never bored! The more we learn, the more we want to know. Every day we actively seek opportunities to increase our knowledge and understanding.
- Flexibility: We view change as an opportunity, not as a threat. We are adaptable and always prepared to learn a new concept.
- Sustainability: We live in the present, but we make decisions with the future in mind.
- Perspective: We don’t waste time with egos. We laugh at ourselves, do our best and are happy to get to do what we are passionate about every day.